Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Allow me to introduce myself

Hello all!
This is my very first blog post ever, so bear with me. I'll learn as I go. ;) I have been wanting to start a blog for a while to chronicle some of the big adventures I have coming up as well as just the day-to-day adventures in my life. I'll start by introducing myself...

I'm Steph. Stephanie James, actually. Steph is a whole lot easier to spit out, so people generally just go with that. I am a professional three-day event groom and I LOVE what I do! I work for Canadian rider Jessica Hampf who rides the brilliant (can you tell I'm biased? haha) High Society III (Trevor) at the CCI 3* level. We have a barn on a beautiful farm right here in Alabama where we currently have 7 horses with more on the way very soon. I could type forever about each horse, but I'll spare you the details. Like pretty much every other person in the horse industry I love to ride, but grooming is my passion. That includes keeping the barn clean, currying Trevor until every hair on his body sparkles (this is actually an unhealthy obcession of mine that Jess constantly teases me about), going to shows, managing Jess's craziness (just for you Jess!), etc. I love it all. :)

I also have my own group of horses at another barn nearby where I teach beginner-type lessons. I have been blessed with a small but wonderful group of families and their horses to teach lessons to, train, coach at shows, and just teach the basics of responsible horse ownership and care. Our group right now consists of 7 horses (must be my magic number), 2 of which are my own, and 4 families.

Two of the kids that I teach I also take care of... is it really "babysitting" when they are 9 and 10?... 5 days a week. I started teaching them lessons in 2005 and from there the relationship grew to the point where today we are really more family than anything. :)

So that is the basic run-down of my list of jobs. Reading through that most people would probably wonder how many hours there are in Alabama days... let me assure you that there are PLENTY! lol But I love all of the things that I do and even though it makes for LONG days, I nearly always go to bed with a smile on my face and am happy to start again the next morning.

The rest of 'me'? I love God with all of my heart and thank Him every day for allowing me to live all of my dreams so far. I have an amazing family! I have the greatest parents in the world (If you thought your parents had that title, sorry. :) Mine take the cake!). I also have a sister who has turned out to be pretty cool and a good friend. She is married and has a son who is the cutest baby in the world! I have an awesome boyfriend. We have been together for a little over 5 1/2 years and counting. My horse "Jelly" is the greatest friend a girl could have. He is the cutest, sweetest, most satisfying thing in the world and even after 5 years of looking at that face he still makes me giggle. :)

I think that's enough about me. It's a pretty good run-down of who I am and what I do. Maybe tomorrow I'll actually get to the "Adventure" part. ;) We have some awesome things planned for the rest of the year! Stay tuned!

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment