Monday, September 7, 2009

Almost time to go!

Well, it's finally here! Tomorrow we leave for Blenheim! We have had such a great time here at Maizey Manor the past few weeks. The farm is gorgeous, the town is adorable, and the people are great. It's so exciting though to finally be packing the lorry for the big show... the reason why we are all here.

Manny and Parker got back from Burghley last night and the farm is fairly active again. David O'Connor was here for lessons this morning and Christiana, our wonderful Team Vet, was here checking and jogging up all of our guys before their big trip. Sandra, Diana, and Paige came back with the horses from Burghley. The girls and the horses are all very tired and ready to head home now, but they all should be pretty pleased with themselves. Diana had a good show jumping round on Manny yesterday. She had just one rail and a couple of time faults. So I think overall Di was happy with the performance from the weekend. She and Manny learned a lot and will be able to move on from here a lot more confident and educated. Parker looks pretty tired today too. Poor guy was 2 seconds ahead of the clock and having a beautiful clean xc round when he and Kyle just missed their spot on too long of a stride at fence 20. He was probably 2/3 of the way around the course (not to mention the galloping tour he took himself on after Kyle was 'ejected'). So he is enjoying some sleep in his stall today and looking forward to some turnout time.

Caroline Powell is here on the farm today and will be taking us and our horses to Blenheim tomorrow. Caroline rode the absolutely stunning gray horse Lenamore at Burghley and had one of the most brilliant xc rounds I've seen in a long time. They were sitting in third after cross country, but 2 unfortunate and uncharacteristic rails in show jumping put them in 8th to finish the weekend. Not too bad at all!

I'm not sure if I will have the internet at Blenheim. I'm really hoping that I can find a good connection and that I'll be able to post every day. I will certainly do my best. Everyone say a prayer for healthy, sound, and happy horses and for healthy and game riders! If you don't hear from me in a few days, you'll know it's because I have no connection at the show. But hopefully you will next hear from me tomorrow as I sit in the lawn of the stunning castle where Winston Churchill was raised. So excited! Here's to the best Three-Day we've ever had! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment