Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I'm sitting in the airport in Birmingham waiting to get on my flight to Kalamazoo, MI. I am so bad at saying good bye! And I can assure you there are plenty of people that I had to say good bye to in the last 2 days. First my horses (especially my Jelly) and my kids at the barn, then Walter, and this morning I had to leave my puppy at my parents' house and then say bye to my parents when they brought me to the airport. So sad!

But the happy ending is that the "big adventure" has officially begun. I was so proud of myself for having everything so organized for this trip. Every bill, every horse, every list, every job has been perfectly arranged so that there are minimal (if any) questions while I'm gone. And then I forgot the most important thing...... Yesterday I made copies of my drivers licence and health insurance card just so that I would have copies if I need them while I'm gone.... yeah.... I left the actual cards in my copier at my house! I didn't realize that until I went to get out my passport and license when it was time to head to the airport this morning. I have no Drivers License! What an idiot... My sister is on her way to my house to get them right now and they hopefully can be fedexed to me in Michigan over night. Luckily I can get on my flight today with just my passport, but I'm not totally sure I can get out of the country without it. And if nothing else, it definately puts a dent in the plan that when I get to MI today I was supposed to rent a car for the week.... Guess we'll have to figure out another way to get around for a couple of days.

I'm hoping to have internet in MI, but who knows. The girls at home have already been doing a great job of keeping me company via email. :) Thanks girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment